The cannabis plant has several compounds, including the cannabinoid (CBD) substance, which comes with many benefits to the body. Because of this, the compound has gained much attention in the wellness industry in the past few years.
Since CBD doesn’t cause the “high” effect associated with marijuana use, manufacturers are increasingly isolating the substance and adding it to many products, including those that spice up your bedroom experience.
CBD & Sex Drive
Multiple research studies have substantiated the effect of CBD on libido. To understand how the substance improves sex drive, let’s first look at its mechanism and how it works in the body.
CBD interacts with our body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS). Think of ECS as a traffic system that regulates homeostasis. Inside the system are receptors, enzymes, and naturally occurring endocannabinoids that serve as traffic signals that facilitate neural communication between the brain and the body. CBD usually gets the traffic signals working normally and sometimes faster.
So, CBD activates the part of the brain that controls arousal. For instance, in males, the substance is great at increasing blood flow to the penis, which is essential to staying erect. Because of this reason, many products used to relieve erectile dysfunction and low sex drive include CBD as a key ingredient.
Science also shows that the substance raises sex hormones – testosterone, progesterone, estradiol, estrogen – in men and women while drastically decreasing cortisol, the primary stress hormone.
How To Use CBD Oil for Sex
- Place one or a few drops under the tongue and hold it there for about 30 to 60 seconds without swallowing. Alternatively, use a spritz spray in your mouth or under the tongue.
- Take a capsule or a chewing gummy
- Add it to your beverage, including water, tea, and soda.
Is CBD Oil Good for Sex?
CBD oil is excellent for sex, for both men and women. CBD firstly gets you in the mood; it wakes every nerve ending in your genitals, making every stroke, lick, grind, or even a simple touch feel intense. The substance guarantees electrifying orgasms.
Can CBD Help With Erectile Dysfunction?
Since CBD enhances ejaculatory function and sexual performance in men, it is believed to help with ED. The substance increases the blood flow to the penis, making one get and stay erect. However, the exact mechanism of how CBD relieves the condition is not well understood. However, scientists speculate that it helps relax the blood vessels and promote blood flow.
What Types of CBD Products Are Best?
CDB products come in various types and forms, which vary in application depending on the user. Here are typical examples; the best will depend on your needs and preferences:
- Topicals: these are essentially CBD products designed to be applied directly onto the skin. CBD topicals include lotions, massage oils, intimate moisturizers, bath bombs, and bath salts. Intimate moisturizers are beneficial for people experiencing vaginal dryness or vaginal atrophy, which can get in the way of a great sex experience.
- Oils and tinctures: CBD oils are ingestible products that you can place under the tongue for faster results. Once in the mouth, the substance can enter the bloodstream through blood vessels under the tongue. Alternatively, you can add the product to water, tea, soda, or other beverage.
- Edibles: although a common method of using CDB products, it is often slow compared to its alternatives. It has to travel down into the stomach, digested, and absorbed before you start seeing results.
Improve Your Bedroom Experience With CBD
We’re a trusted professional brand with immense experience in the hemp and CBD industry, bringing you superior products for the best results. We gauge our success through customer trust and satisfaction, meaning we’re committed to consistently providing the best quality products at the most competitive rates. We offer a diverse range of products to choose from, depending on your specific needs.
We’d love to hear from you; don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.